Year 7-12 Sport
Year 7-12 Sport
Competitive Sport News
All Schools’ Basketball
Well done to our Senior B Girls team for a great season. Unfortunately, they came up short on last Friday in their semifinal game, however fought well in a great game to watch. The girls improved tremendously throughout the season and a big congratulations to all of them for a great competition. Special thank you to their coach – Brooklyn Graves for getting them so far. Brooklyn is also coaching the currently undefeated Intermediate A Girls, and wish them well in the lead up to the finals
It’s great to see our teams fighting hard and representing themselves and the College so well each week. We continue to encourage students attending sporting events to present in full PLC uniform.
A reminder that several teams have games on Friday of Week 10 (just before the start of the September holidays). We still expect all players to still be available to play on this week.
All the best to our teams this week!
SCISSA Touch Football Results
Our Junior Boys, Junior Girls, and Senior Girls all competed well in their Semi-Finals on Wednesday. The Junior Girls and Senior Girls were extremely competitive in their away finals, only narrowly going down by 1 point in tightly contested matches. Both teams have shown great commitment and determination across the season and I look forward to seeing them continue to progress next year. The Junior Boys won convincingly in their home final, dominating field position with strong rucking and defence. We wish them all the best for their Grand Final next week.
All School’s Water Polo
Well done to our Intermediate Girls Water Polo team for pushing a strong St Andrew’s team all the way to the final whistle, only going down by one point. The girls had to overcome some considerable adversity with no substitutes and having to be one player down. The fact that they almost took the game against a side with a whole substitute team waiting poolside is a testament to their determination and teamwork. Next week will be their last fixture for the season due to Year 9 Camp and we wish them all the best.
Well done to all Year 4-12 Pacific students who recently competed in the Sunshine Coast Athletics Trials. A number of students performed extremely well, beating their PB’s or finishing in the top 5 places.
There are some results currently unavailable and so we have included available results below. We are proud of all of our PLC student contributions at this carnival, regardless of their placing.
- Gemma Bryce – 2nd in 10 girls Discus (State Qualification), 6th in 10 girls Long Jump.
- Scarlett van den Hurk – 4th in 10 girls 1500m, 7th in 10 girls 800m.
- Kai Newcombe – 5th in 10 boys Shot Put.
- Bailee Kiernan – 6th in 10 girls Shot Put
- John Fihelly - 4th in 11 boys High Jump
- Shyam Sathish – 2nd 12 Boys Discus (State Qualification)
- Taylah Jarrett – 5th in 11 girls discus.
- Holly Targato - 1st in 13 girls Javelin
- Joshua Brouw - 2nd in 13 boys Javelin
- Booka Bell – 2nd in 12 boys 200m
- Imogen Hiley – 3rd in 17 girls 800m
- Zara Richters- 1st in 16 girls 200m and 400m
- Evie Richters – 6th in 14 girls high jump
- Charlize Kipping – 7th in 13 girls 100m
- Congratulations to Lennon Biggs for his recent selection in the 13/14 Independent District Futsal team. We wish him all the best in the upcoming Sunshine Coast trials in October.
- Congratulations to Eloise and Emison Marshall for their cheerleading success as they have just been crowned Grand Champions in their level in Queensland and have also earned a pinnacle bid which is awarded by score to compete against the best in Australia in November. They have also been selected to join a team at the Global Games in Hawaii in May next year. These girls are training over 14 hours a week in their sport, which requires great strength, skill and teamwork. Well done!
Key Sport Dates Term 3
Friday 9th September: Term 2 and 3 Sports Group Photos Year 7-11 (Netball/Basketball/ Catch up from the previous session)
Monday 12th September: Year 12 Netball and Catch-Up Basketball Photos
Friday 16th September: 7-12 Interhouse Swimming Carnival
Wednesday 14th - Sunday 18th September: Champion Schools Basketball Queensland.
Key Sport Dates Term 4
Wednesday 12th – Sunday 16th October: Junior Secondary CBSQ
Wednesday 12th October: SCISSA Rugby 7’s Fixtures start
Tuesday 25th October: Netball trials for 2023 season for Year 8-9 students
Thursday 27th October: Netball trials for 2023 season for Year 10-11 students
Thursday 17th November: Sports Awards Assembly
Mr Cameron West-McInnes, Head of Sport