Scholarships and Bursaries
Pacific Lutheran College offers a rich education for a well-rounded life, providing students with unique opportunities to enhance their learning and further explore their potential in all aspects of their education.
As part of our approach, the College offers Academic, General Excellence, Music and Sport scholarships for selected year levels. All four types of scholarships are merit based. Each year, a small number of bursaries are also allocated on the basis of financial need. Both scholarships and bursaries provide for a percentage remission of tuition fees, which is determined by the performance of the candidate.
Further details about scholarships and bursaries can be obtained from the College Registrar 5436 7300 or email@example.com
Academic Scholarships 2025
Are you achieving excellent results? Do you love learning?
Pacific offers Academic Scholarships for students entering Year 6-11, based on the results of the Edutest Scholarship testing program, NAPLAN results, school reports, competition results and an interview with the Principal. Both current and new students are eligible to apply.
New students applying for an Academic Scholorship need to have completed an application form for entry to the College and have completed an interview with the Principal, prior to the closing date of the scholarship.
Applications for Academic Scholarships close on Friday 8th March 2024 and the test will be held on Saturday 16th March 2024.
General Excellence Scholarships 2025
Are you an academic all-rounder who demonstrates leadership and community service? Are you talented in the Arts or other co-curricular pusuits?
General Excellence Scholarships are offered in Visual and Dramatic Arts and Leadership for students entering Years 6-11. They are awarded to students who have demonstrated excellence across a range of endeavours, display high levels of community commitment and service and are willing to support the Christian ethos of the College. General excellence scholarships are competitive and only a limited number will be offered each year. Both current and new students are eligible to apply.
New students applying for General Excellence Scholorship need to have completed an application form for entry to the College and have an interview with the Principal, prior to the closing date of the scholarship.
Applications for General Excellence Scholarships must include:
- A written letter from the student detailing how they would contribute to the development of personal excellence in the College community.
- Photocopies of two most recent school reports and NAPLAN results.
- Summary and evidence of areas of excellence.
- Two references relevant to the areas of excellence including contact details of the referee. Applicants are allowed to submit up to five additional pages which includes copies of references, and certificates of achievements.
- Application for Admission.
Applications close on Friday 8th March 2024.
Music Scholarships 2025
Are you passionate about music and want to grow your talent? Do you love performing?
Pacific offers Music Scholarships for students entering Years 6-11, based on the results of a musicianship test and an audition. Both current and new students are eligible to apply.
New students applying for Music Scholorship need to have completed an application form for entry to the College and have an interview with the Principal, prior to the closing date of the scholarship.
Applications for Music Scholarships close on Wednesday 6th March 2024 and the tests and auditions will be conducted on Saturday 9th March 2024.
Sport Scholarships 2025
Are you a talented athlete looking to grow your skills?
Sport Scholarships are awarded to students for entry into Years 6-11 who have demonstrated sporting excellence and are willing to make a positive contribution to the College’s sporting programs and culture. Both current and new students are eligible to apply.
Eligible candidates will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
- Representation at a national, state or regional level in one or more of the following sports offered by Pacific Lutheran College: Athletics, Swimming, Cross Country, Basketball, Netball, Rugby Union, Soccer, Touch Football, Volleyball and Water Polo.
- Evidence of talent, potential, leadership, commitment, teamwork, and enthusiasm in their nominated sport/s.
- High quality contribution to Pacific Lutheran College’s sporting program.
- High quality contribution to the general culture of Pacific Lutheran College.
- Sound academic achievement.
- At least two references from a coach, that provides evidence of the level of sporting achievement, commitment to training and team, sportsmanship and leadership capability.
- Copies of two recent academic reports and NAPLAN results.
- Copies of evidence to support awards/achievements.
- A written statement by the applicant that addresses the selection criteria listed above.
To maintain continuity of scholarships, students will be required to represent the College in nominated sports.
New students applying for Sports Scholorship need to have completed an application form for entry to the College and have an interview with the Principal, prior to the closing date of the scholarship.
Applications close on Friday 8th March 2024.